This week Lety and I have come up with some reasons for you guys! It’s our first time doing one together, so I’m really excited about it. :D
1. The Community – I’m fairly new to the book blogosphere, but I’ve always loved the sense of community and camaraderie I’ve seen between book bloggers. It’s a very tight-knit group and I’m excited to be a part of it!
2. The Perks – I guess this goes without saying, but there is something special about getting an advance reader copy of a book that you were just dying to read and getting it wayyy before everyone else. Also, having access to websites like NetGalley and on publisher email lists is the bestest!
3. Being “In-The Know” – Being a book blogger means always knowing what books are releasing soon and what projects authors currently working on. Also, you are informed on what books have been optioned out for movies, casting updates, etc. Being involved in the book blogosphere keeps you in the loop on all bookish breaking news. This makes me happy.
4. The Events – If it weren’t for the book blog and my connections with the book blog community I wouldn’t know of upcoming book fairs, conventions and book signings. Some of the biggest highlights of my year are getting books signed by my favorite authors and the book fairs/conventions are always so much fun!
5. The Feedback – I love reading all the comments I receive on any of my book posts. It makes me feel like my opinion is valued even though I am just starting out and still a bit of a newbie. It was a bit scary when my first book review went up but after seeing everyone’s feedback I was so stoked and relieved!
1. My Tweeples – There’s no denying that my favorite part is making friends on twitter. Bookish friends GET ME. TV Show friends GET ME. Movie friends GET ME. And where do I meet these cool people? On Twitter, of course!
2. Word of Mouth Recs – No one gives me better recommendations than fellow readers. Review mags? PFFFTTT. Nope. My tweeples know best.
3. Sharing ALL THE FEELS with the Internet – This is kind of goes hand in hand with my first reason, but I share my feelings about books ALL OVER the Internet: this blog, Twitter, FB, Tumblr, GR…and so on. And people are just like, “I KNOW, RIGHT?!” <3
4. Bookish Events – Whether they’re signings, conferences, or book fests, they’re all guaranteed to be fun because there’s going to be other book loving people there.
5. The Perks – Like Lety mentioned above, there’s something so freaking cool about getting ARCs. That feeling of excitement and privilege never goes away, no matter how long I’ve been blogging. Thank you, pubs & authors!