I’ve read so many amazing books this year, many of which were from debut authors, but you won’t see them on this list. To me this list is for authors with books published prior to this year whose books are loved by many, and were new to me this year…so here we go!
1. Maya Banks (KGI series) – I like that this series is so action packed, yet so touching at times. I cry pretty much every book, lol. I look forward to reading more from Maya, as she has many beloved series out there. (My KGI reviews)
2. Kristan Higgins – If I’m ever in the mood for a book that will make my heart smile, I’ll pick up a Contemporary Romance novel by Kristan. I read three of her books this year and loved each one. (My Kristan Higgins reviews, here and here)
6. Jandy Nelson – The first book I read this year was Jandy’s The Sky is Everywhere…easily in my Top 5 of this year, and one of the books I talked about a lot, even though I never did review it. It was too hard!!
8. Jennifer E. Smith – The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight…THIS BOOK! ALL THE FEELINGS!! I need to read all of her books for this reason.
9. Jessica Shirvington (The Violet Eden Chapters) – It’s rare when a sequel can elevate a series that started out ok for me…Jessica did this very thing. And she’s Australian and is super awesome. (My Embrace and Entice reviews)