I’ve been very lucky in that I’ve been able to meet lots of book bloggers and authors I love. This mainly happened by living in a city that gets lots of great author events and by being able to attending book conventions where other bloggers congregate. Meeting people you interact with a lot, either on Twitter (which is my #1) or on your blog, is the best feeling.
There are still a few people I love that I have yet to meet and I REALLY hope I get to someday soon. Hre are just ten of them:
1. Amanda (On a Book Bender) – I love this girl. I mean it! Any time I’m twittering with her, she makes me laugh. It’s like we’re old friends already!
2. Estelle (Rather Be Reading) – I’ve been getting to know Estelle recently, and we gchat pretty often. I love how we just clicked and it was like we’d known each other forever. That’s probably more to her credit than mine, lol. Also? I want her to take me beer drinking!! She knows where it’s at!! UPDATE: Met in 2015!
3. Jacinda (The Reading Housewives of Indiana) – Jacinda and I just clicked. We have a lot of the same reading tastes and we’ve bonded over a lot of them.
4. Jeri Smith-Ready & Team Kilt – All of them. Yes, all. But most especially author Jeri Smith-Ready and Jen and Amy of Fictitious Delicious, who also run the fansite Kilt & Keeley. The community they’ve all created surrounding the Shade characters is just beyond incredible. And I just KNOW good times would be had in their company. :D
5. Carrie (Stalking the Bookshelves) – Carrie is a person who I constantly talk to on twitter. She can always make me laugh. And I really loved getting to know her over the summer, when we were doing the Outlander read-along.
6. Ash (Smash Attack Ash) – Ash is one of the people I’ve known longest on this list. I love her enthusiasm on books and some of my favorite tv shows, which is actually how I discovered her fabulousness…So You Think You Can Dance tweet chats!!!
7. Asheley (Into the Hall of Books) – Asheley can make me excited about ANYTHING! I just know that a lot of fangirlness would happen over ALL THE THINGS if we ever met. And we’d wear all of our Batman gear. It’s only right. We also have a few fave bands in common and I’d love to go to a show with her. UPDATE: Met in 2015!
8. Lisa (lisa is busy nerding) – Lisa would round out the Batman outfitted trio, along with me and Asheley. I love her nerdiness and I think Lisa would be a perfect friend to take to a midnight screening of any nerdy movie out there. :D
9. Alexa (Alexa Loves Books) – Alexa is one of the sweetest people out there and I just know that we would have great conversations about our favorite books if we ever met. UPDATE: Met in 2015!
10. April (Good Books and Good Wine) – April was one of the first book bloggers I started following on twitter. She has strong opinions on a lot of things and I’d love to meet her and chat with her in person. I’d also love to have a few drinks with her because she seems to be really fun, even though I probably wouldn’t be able to hang, haha.